Sunday 31 January 2021

The Unique Legend 2 -- The Ancient Night Vol.1 (Chapter 2)

 Chapter 2: The Assigned Mission


“Yang~”


Classes officially commence after a few days of break. As I remained in the classroom to pack my belongings and prepare for the most fearful lesson, I heard the voice of the person who’s always skipping lessons from behind my back.


“Ziray? You are in school today?” I thought he skipped school again.


But it’s weird that ever since the battle, five-colored rooster has been missing in action. According to Miaomiao, it seems his family weren’t very happy that he helped out previously and didn’t like that he keeps hanging around with a Devil Master and so they’ve been dragging him back home frequently.


But the Black Cactus is always looking for me… Why is he also not dragged home?


Could it be that five-colored rooster did other stuff that deserves to be dragged home!


“Of course I did come to school. I must come today, else it’ll be a disgrace to my grandfather’s reputation!” Once again, five-colored rooster said using his famous line as he brags.


…...Your hopeless, and don’t casually use your grandfather’s name to bring disgrace to!


Have you already realised that you yourself don’t have anything else to use!


Your grandfather will be heartbroken to have his reputation ruined an unfilial grandson like you!


“So, what’s the next lesson?” Placing his hands on my shoulders, five-colored chicken asked. Evidently he never remembers the classes he takes in school.


“Astrology. Hurry and run! We’re gonna be late!” Miaomiao comes over running and grabs my hand, followed by a few grumbles from five-colored rooster as he catches up.


This lesson is listed as one of the ten most unpopular lessons in this school. And very unfortunately -- it is a compulsory lesson.


There are a few compulsory classes to take in this school. If you refuse to take them, not only will you not graduate, but also something frightening will happen to you. Personally, because I don’t have the guts to challenge the school rules, so I don’t really know what that “frightening” consequence is, but the thought of it is frightening enough.


Then, why must we study Astrology?


The class rep said well: “You can’t possibly rely on an electric pole when you are lost in the wild right! Even the electric pole will be on fire to bump into an idiot like you!”


As such, apparently Astrology became a compulsory lesson and many use it while they are out on missions. Even if they don’t go on mission but instead join the society, they can use the knowledge to play God and con some money. And since they learnt it in school, they’ll definitely be stronger than normal human beings, so those who end up conning money end up becoming rich.


This made me seriously consider whether I should also play God……


Even if I suck at fortune telling, given my Devil Master identity, I can still make something out of it, assuming that I can control my abilities.


Ran said that because innate ability doesn’t originally belong to me but is merely sealed within my soul. So it will take some time for me to become familiar with it. For now, I should let that office worker older brother guide me on how to use the ability.


But even if I can play God and make money, I still hate to attend this “money-making” lesson.


No particular reason. Only because of the classroom.


After rushing into the classroom with Miaomiao, I realised there were already many students. Because it is a compulsory lesson, many students wanted to quickly get this lesson over and done with. Even students from classes A, B and C were also mixed together. The classroom is packed.


This classroom has a dark colored sky. Even holding hundred over students within, it still looks spacious. It’s like musical theatres, the ceiling is high with some artificial celestials hanging down.


Most importantly, this place is filled with stars.


A sky full of stars, a complete replicate of the sky. Its beauty makes one want to have a picnic.


But, we still despise this lesson.


“Yangyang.” Chifuyutoshi, who came in slightly late, greets me and sits next to us. “This is from my brother.” He passes me a handwritten notebook on spells. His face brightened up the moment he mentioned his brother. It’s too bright, my eyes are hurting.


“Help me thank Senior Kasai.” I receive the notebook with gratitude and keep it in my bag. I gotta study it later after class.


Ryan quietly appears and sits next to Chifuyutoshi, as usual. Probably because he’s been dragged around by his little brother, he appears a little tired.  He looks even more transparent now……


“Hey, take it!” Five-colored rooster, who is sitting next to me, suddenly takes out a who knows what black colored box and throws it towards Chifuyutoshi.


Casually receiving the box, Chifuyutoshi rolls his eyes as he opens the box in front of us. Inside the black box is a pot of black plant that gives off a seemingly nasty sensation, “Thank you.”


Looking at that seemingly carnivore pot of plant, Miaomiao and I looked at both of them suspiciously.


Poison! There’s definitely poison!


But Chifuyutoshi actually thanked him.


Miaomiao walked out of the door to ensure that there was no poison before returning back to her seat.


“Hmph. It’s from our Third bro.” Five-colored rooster smirked, evidently he didn’t want to be thanked at all.


“Nonsense. I wasn’t even thanking you.” Chifuyutoshi quickly retaliated, then covered the box. After noticing that even Ryan was looking over, he explained, “This is a type of herb. Despite appearing poisonous, it can be used as an incense for calming purposes after processing with other plants.”


After finishing listening to Chifuyutoshi, everyone let out a loud “Oh”. It was definitely meant for Senior Kasai.


“What’s with the Oh!” Even Chifuyutoshi felt awkward.


I bet the intel division must have known that Chifuyutoshi is a brother-fetish. Although he had personally highlighted that he isn’t so, it is evident that his current expression only further enforced everyone’s suspicions.


“”Students, the class will begin in 2 minutes. Please be quiet.”


Not knowing when the Astrology teacher started looking at us, she said that. The moment after she said those words, some random scream came from the outside, informing everyone that the class had begun.


The Astrology teacher is a very beautiful lady, wearing a traditional golden-curly hairstyle with blue eyes and white skin. I heard that she holds some sort of authority amongst the fairies. Apparently the semester before was not taught by her, but as the original Astrology teacher got struck by a falling meteorite and was then transferred to another school. It was probably because he wasn’t able to accept the fact that he got struck by something where his expertise lies in and needed somewhere quiet to heal his hurted heart.


Although the new Astrology teacher is very pretty, there weren’t many students who dared to confess to her. Because rumours said that she’s attained authority for at least 600 years already.


“Last week we talked about the evil star. If any student is interested in stars that attract disasters, this week, we will explore the iconic constellations that brought disasters in the Protecting world.”


The moment the teacher finished speaking, a few students let out a face of desperation to fight for their lives. 


That’s right. If you remembered, I once said that our school has a legendary classroom in which the stars inside will really fall and crush someone. And that legendary classroom, is this classroom.


Apparently this classroom for this lesson will follow the lesson topic and form real constellations, and there often have been stars dropping down.


And also, the most hated topic in this class is meteor showers. That’s no difference from being smashed by death.


“For those who do not want to be disrupted in the middle of class, please set up your own protective barrier and cast your protective spell. As I always say, you are currently in a real-life simulation of Astrology, there will definitely be meteors or other debris falling down; those who want to skip lessons in front of me, please mentally prepare yourself for death during the final exams.” Giving a beautiful and innocent smile, the Astrology teacher’s gaze let out a string of coldness and cruelty.


Chifuyutoshi and Miaomiao instantly casted a protective barrier around.


I was told that there was an underlying reason why this class not only allows you to play-God profession, but also vastly strengthens your protective barrier and spells.


“Hey hey. Are you intentionally excluding me!” The only excluded five-colored rooster hit the table in protest.


“It only means that you lack capabilities if you let yourself die out there.” Chifuyutoshi returned his words.


“Ah damn! You jerk, I’ve roamed in the industry for decades, how dare you look down on me!” 


Excuse me, pretty sure you are not a few decades old?


As I listen to five-colored rooster’s words, I start to question whether the lifespan of beasts are the same as humans.


Perhaps he is already an old man?


After a loud sound, we heard a series of curses and wailings, followed by an explosive flame and heat coming over --


To be able to survive the lesson in such an environment, I really think that I have been very well blessed by the Gods.


“So, let us begin today’s lesson.”


The beautiful fairy teacher announced the declaration of death. 


***


-----------------

Hey! Thank you for support my translations thus far. I hope you've been enjoying reading the chapter.


To read the remaining chapter, please head over here!


Do continue to stick to NovelUpdates or follow me on twitter @whalelyy to receive prompt chapter updates. Similarly, if there are any issues, you may also reach me directly via discord @whalelyy#4262!


No comments:

Post a Comment