Friday 12 March 2021

The Unique Legend 2 -- The Ancient Night Vol. 1 (Chapter 3 Part 3)

Chapter 3: The Mermaids’ Holy Spring (Part 3)


“It’s suddenly so quiet, shall we ask your friends to come over?”


Asrian breaks the silence, and asks in an approachable tone.


“Uh… It’s fine.” Chifuyutoshi is obsessed over his brother, calling him over is definitely not a good idea; Ryan and Lilya have been hanging out together very frequent recently, so I probably will get kicked by a pig* if I were to disturb them; As for Miaomiao, she’s likely on a mission again.

[t/n: I directly translated this phrase because it’s funny just imagining it. But I think I don’t need to elaborate much to understand what the author was trying to mean.]


And lastly, I can only think of 1 person.


Having the five-coloured rooster here will probably cause a war to breakout.


So I think it is safest to not call anyone over, in terms of my personal safety.


“Does Senior Asrian want to call over some friends?” Throwing aside those weird friends of mine, the friends whom Asrian calls over should be more normal, right?


Upon hearing my question, Asrian immediately shakes his head: “No need. If people know that I’m at the Mermaid’s Holy Site, it’ll either be Dylo running over or…”


Prince Fall Down.


He doesn’t even need to say it for me to know.


Ever since Asrian’s left eye got injured, Brother Dylo was exceptionally worried that his younger brother might be in trouble and ever since then began pressuring others to partner up while refusing Asrian to take up too complicated missions.


While the victim himself finds his brother over exaggerating the situation, the elder definitely sees it otherwise.


Regarding this point, I can affirm it from Chifuyutoshi’s situation too. It’s like how he sees Xiao Ting’s unsanitized cup has the potential to poison his brother.


Sometimes, brothers are really amusing.


Their brains are really amusing.


But I really don’t understand why Prince Fall Down even poking his nose in. It has been a year since the Battle ended. He’s not even a student from our school yet his visits here have increased, and he’s always here just to lurk around, despise others before going back. I really don’t understand why he’s even coming here.


To prove the royalty in his blood?


Or to ask for a beating?


Noble races are really hard to figure out.


Not knowing that these wild thoughts are occupying my mind, Asrian lightly coughed: “I think, it’s better that only the both of us wait here.”


“Hmm.”


Honestly speaking, I also don’t quite know what topics to talk to with Asrian. Though we know each other, he usually doesn’t hang out with me like how Miaomiao and the rest do. Ever since the Battle, we’ve gone back to our respective lives, and also since he has been promoted to the universities section, we almost do not have many chances to meet, except the occasional greetings when we bump into each other in the Academy, that’s all.


Asrian as a person, he has good networks with people, this is something I’d known long ago, just that I didn’t know how good it was. After asking around for a bit, I noticed how the people he knows are the people who’ve heard of him are everywhere. He’s rather popular and the remarks about him are almost positive.


Just saying, when I asked around about Senior, some people even thoughtfully added “Evil Monster”; while Senior Gasai is the good samaritan whom nobody wants to go against…… should be a good person, I guess.


“That, I wonder what conditions did Yado agree on……” The surrounding is too quiet, the mermaids are playing amongst themselves in the distance. Because the atmosphere is getting awkward, I randomly find a topic to talk about. Actually it wasn’t really random, this is something that was on my mind.


Glancing at me, Asrian sees the Mermaid playing around and singing from faraway: “I think, it’s probably not anything good.”


“Eh?”


“Because mermaids aren’t a kind race. Their nature is a little evil. Don’t most of the stories from the Original World go like this…... The legend of the mermaids said that they sing on the oceans to take the lives of travellers.” Probably because we’ve found a topic for conversation, Asrian begins: “Unlike the Hunters, as our nature is to guide the travellers, our actions are mostly just a joke and will not bring harm to the lives of the travellers; But the mermaids follow according to their feelings to harm or toy with lives, and they will not help guide the travellers along their journey.”


Now that he’s mentioned, I begin to worry for Yado.


Not knowing what he has promised exactly, if he doesn't say…… I can only ask from the mermaid earlier, if she doesn’t say as well, I’m not sure if using Minas will force her to speak.


Faint sounds of water appear in my head, following is the gentle voice that I cannot be anymore familiar with: “I have yet tried this method. What you are thinking must be interrogation, right?


These words cannot be heard by Asrian, who is next to me. It was since the Battle ended where I learnt that I can converse with my magic weapon in this manner, no wonder Ryan’s always hallucinating with his bean.


Actually, it’s not an interrogation, I just only want to clarify some things.


That is interrogation.


I also notice that Minas has become more impolite lately.


“Are you talking to your magic weapon?” Asrian, who is sitting next to me abruptly opens his mouth, breaks my conservation with Minsa.


“Eh? You noticed?” I thought I’d only be seen dazing on the outside.


“There was that slight feeling.” Not knowing what feeling the Purple robe noticed, this is the fascinating answer I am given. Because it is too fascinating, so I have no intentions in asking any further.


Anyways, the reply will very likely be “it just feels so”.


“Do you also often converse with your magic weapon?” Since I don’t want to ask him anything in particular, I might as well continue the topic.


“Sometimes, but it’s usually one-sided.” Asrian shrouds his shoulders. “My weapon doesn’t speak much, so does Gasai’s. They’re very quiet, but sometimes laying them out and letting them sit silently in a row is pretty amusing.”


…….I do want to witness that situation.


Just when I am about to ask him if I can see it next time, Asrian suddenly give an action indicating me to keep quiet and drag me towards the trees behind, hiding within them.


“He’s here.”


Following to where he is pointing to, I see a silverish-white object from the trees opposite.


What is different from Zachary is that silverish-white is almost shiny in colour.


Glowing, that same beautiful rays of light shine on its body, following it snow-white fur piercing through the air.


I subconsciously stop my breathing.


For the first time in my life, I am witnessing the creature that only appears in legend……a unicorn.


While it lies on the grass and creeps forward.


------------------
t/n: End of part 3! Thank you and sorry for waiting so long. It's been a slow release recently bcus I've been busy with life and scans work too. T.T There's still one more part before this chapter ends. I'll be getting it out over the weekends!!

If you like the work so far, I'd appreciate if you can rate the novel and leave a review on NovelUpdates~


Do continue to stick to NovelUpdates or follow me on twitter @whalelyy to receive prompt chapter updates. Similarly, if there are any issues, you may also reach me directly via discord @whalelyy#4262!


No comments:

Post a Comment