Sunday 14 March 2021

The Unique Legend 2 -- The Ancient Night Vol. 1 (Chapter 3 Part 4)

Chapter 3: The Mermaids’ Holy Spring (Part 4)


I rub my eyes, at that moment, I thought I was seeing things.


Because I have never seen a horse creeping forward in a jungle before, let alone the unicorn that resembles a horse but is much more precious than a horse.


That very noble creature is currently using a specific position…… its belly pasting on the grass and its 4 legs gliding over as it crawls over in a weird style.


Following the direction where it is creeping to, I notice it is secretly crawling towards the waterfall, subsequently, from a distance, it reveals an eerie “Hehehe” expression as it watches the group of mermaids.


Usually, the word that describes a situation like this is “Peeping”.


A unicorn is peeping at a group of mermaids?


I look at Asrian briefly. His expression seems to show him holding his laughter while I don’t think my expression is any better than his.


Covering itself with the tree branches, after peeping enough from that distance, the unicorn crawls forward a few more steps, probably wanting a clearer view.


What a lecherous horse.


Right, I remember the picture books also mentioned that unicorns will only approach virgins or something……


“What are you doing!” Because it is too close, the mermaids quickly notice the peeping unicorn and shrek. Followed by a few mermaids swimming over to that direction and transformed into human legs as they get onto the shore.


After being spotted, the unicorn stands up and happily leap towards the ladies’ embrace--


“How many times have we told you to not peep us from afar!” One of them lifts her leg and heavily kicks the horse’s face causing it to fall clumsily, just before one of its sole touches her chest. The relatively large-sized unicorn is sent flying away.


“Disgusting! Lecherous!”


“Perverted horse!”


“Freaking jerk!”


Subsequently is a scene of punches and kicks.


I am in absolute shock. Not knowing how to react.


But you have been swimming in the lake for so long while Asrian and I have been watching all this time, why were there no reactions? Whereas there are so many commotions just because a horse was looking at you!


There was this brief second that I felt lucky for not being beaten up to death earlier on.


“Because that unicorn’s expression was too lewd.” Asrian coughs, probably knowing what I am my curiosity at.


Why can you tell that his expression was lewd!


Within that short span in time, the mermaids are done beating it and have all gone back into the waters and flushed away by the waterfall. The quietness of the waters become odd, at the same time I fully understand the reason why the waterfall flows upwards.


How convenient, they don’t even need to swim back up.


After being beaten up, the unicorn continues to lie on the ground, I somehow see a few strands of blood coming out from his nose.


“Let’s go over.” Confirming that all the mermaids have left, Asrian pats away the grass on him and confidently walks over to the lying legendary unicorn.


Flipping through my daypack, I found some tissue paper that can still be used. I wonder if the horse is able to wipe away the nosebleed himself.


Upon noticing strangers (who are not women), the unicorn instantly stands up, its silver-white fur sways, tempting me to grab a hold of it.


“Are you...Shikin?” Standing in front of the horse, Asrian takes a few steps forward and asks.


The unicorn squints its blue eyes, as its head scans around the Hunter who is standing in front. Even I can see that the unicorn’s face is filled with question marks, as if it is trying to say “When did we meet”.


“I am from the Loye family of the Hunter race. My name is Asrian and I am  currently a Purple robe from the Guild. Because of a mission from the Guild, I am looking for the Soul Enforcement Bell. I’ve heard that it is currently with you and would like to ask about this matter.” Using a serious tone that is different from his usual, Asrian prudently asks the opposite party.


…...Actually it’s just a unicorn, this interaction is way too cautious.


Staring at Asrian for a while, the unicorn wipes away its nosebleed on itself. Its white fur is stained with a striking patch of red. Then, from no idea where, it bite out a bell that is around the size of a 50 cents coin.


That is a silver, average-looking bell that can be easily bought from anywhere. It is attached to a small knot, nothing special.


Reaching out his hand, Asrian lightly places it in front of the bell and retreats his hand a few seconds later, turning towards me: “This is the real deal.”


“Eh? Then can we have it?” I look at the unicorn in front of us and it hurriedly keeps the bell in its body…… does its body have a 4D pocket? Why do I not seem to notice that within its flat layers of fur, there’s a place to hide things.


“We really need that item. You might have heard about Prince Bing Yan’s incident. This item is to be used on him and not for other purposes.”


The unicorn shakes its head, probably indicating its indifference.


I think for a bit and look at the unicorn that is still bleeding: “Senior is a big beauty.”


That moment, the unicorn’s eyes lit up.


Asrian uses an indescribable expression and looks at me. Of course I know exactly why he is giving such an expression. Seeing the unicorn’s reaction, I continue: “You see, how bad can the Elves look, in addition to the fact that Senior’s mother is the Princess of the Cave of Flames. I heard she’s a well-known beauty over there. Together, their child must also be hot. Even if he isn’t a lady, he’s still a beautiful man. Can you really bear to leave a beauty unconscious forever?”


I even feel moved after finishing those bunch of words. Indeed, after hanging out with the five-coloured rooster, I can spout all sorts of nonsense.


Not only blood is dripping out, but also saliva is coming out of the unicorn.



Asrian quickly pulls me aside.


“Is this okay?” Using a slightly worried tone, he asks me: “You are selling Junior away? I wanted to tell him about Zachary’s words.”


“Uhm, it should be fine. Doesn’t the unicorn only have interests for virgins? And even if he wants to do anything to Senior, he might not be able to return back alive.” I am absolutely confident in Senior that he will definitely kill the unicorn, drain its blood, peel its skin, remove its bones, and let the whole world know the consequences of drooling in front of himself.


“This is also……” Not knowing whether to agree, Asrian frowns and gives an odd expression: “I think you better not let Junior find out that this is your suggestion.”


“Hmm, otherwise I will also have an ugly death.” I have this hunch.


Also, I think my guts grew larger. Or perhaps it’s because I haven’t been punched for a year that I now dare to even tease Senior?


“Then, can I tag along? I want to see a true beauty.”


This sentence is obviously not said by me, neither is it said by Asrian.


Stun for a moment, we turn our heads at the same time, to realise that there is suddenly a third person standing next to us. It’s fine if I was the only one who did not realise. But looking at Asrian’s reaction, he probably did not realise too.


Next to us, is a man in a Chinese-style white outfit, with a silver-white long hair and a pair of blue eyes. What made us recognise him is not his face but the very prominent horn that is sticking out of his head.


“Shikin…?” Asrian calls out the other’s name first.


“Yes.” With a big smile, the unicorn earlier on has transformed into an adult man as he wipes away his nosebleed on his face, “I am a magic beast, from the unicorn race. My name’s Shikin.”


So he can actually speak human words!


Ignoring our urge in wanting to give him a punch, the man now puts on the truest lewd smile, rubbing his hands and approaches over: “The Prince that you were talking about is very pretty. If there is really a need for my Soul Enforcement Bell, the only condition is that I must come along.”


Oh crap, so the lewd horse is becoming a pervert*. I wonder if Senior has the capacity to deal with this.

[t/n: The author was playing with words over here. The direct translation of the original should be lewd wolf instead of pervert. In Chinese, this is a term given to the perverts. For the purpose of understanding this sentence, I translated based on the context instead of directly but causing it to lose the intended humour here.]


“Yes, it’s a Prince, not a Princess.] Asrian emphasised on Senior’s gender.


“It’s fine. I like to look at pretty people. The gender does not matter, though pretty sisters are the best. Beauty men are only for appreciation purposes.” Curling its silver-white hair, the almost radiating man smiles satisfactory: “But this doesn’t matter. Since he is the son of the Cave of Flame’s Princess, then it is very likely so. I’ve also heard that the Third Prince of Bing Ya is very pretty……” 


Following, we heard a few water sounds. The mermaids who were flushed away all jump back down as a few of them shout towards us from afar: “Faster bring this jerk away!”


Looks like the unicorn’s harassments have troubled them for very long.


“Sisters~~~~” Seeing the mermaids returning, the unicorn give up our conversation immediately and runs over very happily.


And then, the scene that happened just a few minutes ago re-enacted, except that the one being beaten up is not a horse but a human.


I suddenly feel that the problem has gotten bigger.


“Yangyang……” Asrian firmly pats on my shoulder, showing me an expression as if it’s my funeral: “On this day next year, I will remember to send you my offerings.”


Hey! Don’t instantly jump the topic and conclude my death anniversary!


Also, you should be helping me keep a secret! If Senior really wants to look for revenge, you should be protecting your lowest Junior!


“Aiya--”


Accidentally being touched on the butt by the unicorn, a person screams and then stamps on his face.


Witnessing this scene, I suddenly feel pathetic.


If I’d known this, I shouldn’t have been so nosy and let Asrian threaten him with Zachary! Why do I have to be such a busybody!


Sometimes, humans are really looking for their own deaths.


Right now, I can deeply understand this sentence.


I wonder if regretting now is still possible to salvage it all……


------------------
t/n: Finally end of chapter 3!! Thank you for your patience! Translating this chapter has felt so long. There are probably some mistakes here and there but I don't have the time to look through them T.T (pssst, if you're willing to help me out, pls dm me on twitter or via discord. I'll deeply appreciate) I'll be moving on to chapter 4 now~~ Hope to see you soon and enjoy the week ahead! :D

If you like the work so far, I'd appreciate if you can rate the novel and leave a review on NovelUpdates~


Do continue to stick to NovelUpdates or follow me on twitter @whalelyy to receive prompt chapter updates. Similarly, if there are any issues, you may also reach me directly via discord @whalelyy#4262!


No comments:

Post a Comment